There is the Focus14 Blue braille display, which I have. It's available in the UK and ireland, so presumably it's available in europe also. No problem with it staying connected while in use, with iOS7.1.2.

----- Original Message ----- From: "Annie Skov Nielsen" <annieskovniel...@gmail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Friday, October 10, 2014 1:23 PM
Subject: Re: Questions about Using a Braille display with an I-Device

Hi all.

I like using my phone for taking notes together with a braille display.

It depends on how you have set up your braille display if it will go to sleep.

It also depends on how many cells a display needs to have.

I tend to recommend a 32 cells display from human ware (Brailliant 32 bi) this display has in my opinion only one drawback, it can sometimes lose the connection to the phone while typing, this is a problem, but one of the only problems that I have. Braille edge, u2 and focus are better at staying connected, but in my opinion both braille edge and focus are to long, and focus has also a problem when you wants to go to the next display line. I guess you are from the u.s. and there are some other displays available.

In IOS 8 it works really well to read books from ibooks with the braille display. I guess it also still works fine from bookshare, if read2go does not work anymore voicedream do, and voicedream is really great with a braille display.
Best regards Annie.