I use Verizon and do what you want to do every year. Sometimes I
purchase the phone from Verizon and other times from Apple. Both
companies should charge you the same price. I would not be worried
about being charged more money later.

On 10/16/14, Cheryl Homiak <[email protected]> wrote:
> Yes, I know: one should call Verizon about this, and I did. But I want to
> know whether or not anybody has tried what I was told to do because if I get
> a phone and this doesn't work it is going to be a problem. People can
> respond offlist if they have done anything like this at [email protected].
>
> I used an eligible upgrade to buy an iPhone 6+. But I have a second line
> that won't be eligible until next year. I also have a line that I pay for
> for my dad and he's just using a samsung haven and does not want to upgrade.
> So I wanted to transfer my upgrade and I could do it online but since I
> didn't then buy a phone at Verizon too I would go back online and log in and
> it would be switched back. So I called Verizon and was told that for the
> transfer to work I had to buy from Verizon rather than Apple. I explained
> that i wanted to buy from Apple because i had a financing method I could use
> on Apple but not on Verizon. The rep told me to go ahead and buy the phone
> by putting in the number for the line that is eligible but then activate it
> on the other line that I wanted to transfer to when I get it. In theory one
> would think it would work but I'll be in a lot of trouble if Verizon then
> demands the payment of the difference between the subsidized and retail
> price or if it won't activate. Has anybody done anything like this? I could
> also call Verizon and see if another rep will tell me the same thing but
> it's possible not every rep would tell me that even if it actually does
> work. Again, I don't want to pull the list offtopic so it's fine to email me
> offlist. I just didn't know where to post this without going onto a Verizon
> forum or something.
>
> --
> Cheryl
>
> I tried and tried to turn over a new leaf.
> I got crumpled wads of tear-stained paper
> thrown in the trash!
> Then God gave me a new heart and life:
> His joy for my despairing tears!
> And now, every day:
> "This I call to mind,
> and therefore I have hope:
> The steadfast love of the Lord
> never ceases;
> his mercies never come to an end;
> they are new every morning;
> great is your faithfulness."
> (Lamentations 3:21-23 ESV)
>
>
>
>
> --
> The following information is important for all members of the viphone list.
> All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
> questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
> member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
> directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list
> can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
> ---
> You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
> "VIPhone" group.
> To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
> email to [email protected].
> To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
> Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
> For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
>

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to