I think that the map program for the PC that Sendero puts out is very good
for planning a route before leaving home or seeing what's around you in the
way of points of interest.
I always thought that the way you have to enter addresses into a Trekker
Breeze is clunky. I don't like the method of using the numbers on a
telephone-like keypad to represent letters; 2 being A, B and C, 3 being D,
E, F, and so on. This is how data is entered into credit card terminals
when programming them, which I did for 9 years for Discovercard, so I know
how to do it, but I still find it cumbersome and bothersome.
---
Be positive! When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished,
you! really! are! finished!
----- Original Message -----
From: "Sieghard Weitzel" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 10:44 PM
Subject: RE: trekker vs. apps?
If you mean you virtually walked around then Sendero is currently offering
their PC Map product for $49 and it allows you to do the same thing.
I used to have a Trekker Maestro with the HP iPaq PDA (late 2007 and 2008)
and always hated having to put on that big belt/strap thing with the PDA on
one end, the GPS receiver and speaker etc. It was also very common that when
I was walking around somewhere the thing would crash and I had to pull out
the poky thing and press the reset button to reboot everything. Later I had
a Windows 6.1 Smartphone with MobileSpeak and MobileGeo but nothing beats
the stability of the iPhone and iOS.
Regards,
Sieghard
-----Original Message-----
From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf
Of Gail the U. S. Male
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 6:32 PM
To: [email protected]
Subject: Re: trekker vs. apps?
no, you can't do the same thing with the Trekker Breeze. I also had one of
those Maestro Trekkers, until it died on me.
----- Original Message -----
From: "Chuck Dean" <[email protected]>
To: <[email protected]>
Sent: Thursday, October 16, 2014 4:49 PM
Subject: Re: trekker vs. apps?
I had one of the old maestro/_Trekker combinations in a Hewlett-Packard PDA
many years ago. Although many of the GPS apps work very well on the iPhone,
I still think the Trekker was very superior to all of them. The one thing
that I really liked about the trekker, you could virtually walk a Route.
This was especially helpful when I moved and had to learn the town. I sat
in my house and just basically .walk around town learning where everything
was at. It was awesome!
I do not know if the trekker breeze has this capability, so I can't honestly
evaluate which is better.
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list.
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list
can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list.
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list
can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list.
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list
can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an
email to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.
--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
---
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.