This might help in my navigation.  Good reference.  Thanks.

---
Be positive!  When it comes to being defeated, if you think you're finished, 
you! really! are! finished!
  ----- Original Message ----- 
  From: Sieghard Weitzel 
  To: [email protected] 
  Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 7:30 AM
  Subject: RE: iTunes 12 - I take it all back


  Robert,

   

  If you connect  your iPhone, iPad or iPod Touch the button to go to your 
device will be just one tab over from the "More" radio button.

   

  One thing that has changed here is that there are no longer the radio buttons 
for Apps, Music, Tones etc. You now have a treeview with two sections. At the 
top you have "Summary" which gives you all the familiar information and where 
you can check for iOS updates, restore, backup and so on. For some reason Jaws 
announces this as "2 of 21", there doesn't appear to be a "1 of 21" at least 
not something you can go to.

  Then after that are things like "Apps", "Music", "Movies" and so on. These 
are like the radio buttons and if you want to sync Tones just arrow to Tones 
and then tab across to "Synce all tones" or "Sync selected tones", make your 
selections and then go to "File", "Device" and "Sync".

  About item 11 of 21 in my treeview is Info which used to be right after the 
Summary radio button in iTunes 11. After that are again some of the same 
listings as further up in the treeview, things like Music, Movies, TV Shows, 
Tones and so on. If you go to one of these and tab you will find a list view 
and these are all the items from which ever item you are on which are synced to 
your device. At the bottom you find all your Playlists are listed by name.

   

  If you go to "Music" or "Tones" in that lower part of the treeview and then 
tab across you also find a button called "Add To". If I am on Tones and 
activate it it opens a list with all my ringtones and I thought you could maybe 
add more tones to your phone right from there, but unless this is not 
accessible with a screenreader or I haven't figured it out yet, it doesn't seem 
to be possible.

   

  Once again this is all very nicely accessible and by now I think I already 
like iTunes 12 better than iTunes 11 and definitely better than iTunes 10 or 
what came before. 

   

   

  Regards,

  Sieghardyou activatea lithe same

   

  From: [email protected] [mailto:[email protected]] On Behalf Of 
Robert Doc Wright
  Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 3:20 AM
  To: [email protected]
  Subject: Re: iTunes 12 - I take it all back

   

  Where do I go to get to my device when I wish to sync new music, apps or 
tones to my device?

    ----- Original Message ----- 

    From: Sieghard Weitzel 

    To: [email protected] 

    Sent: Sunday, October 19, 2014 1:25 AM

    Subject: iTunes 12 - I take it all back

     

    Hello Listers,

     

    OK, so after playing around with iTunes 12 and finally closing it since 
it's getting late I reopened it to have another look and I suddenly had my list 
view with all my 4,000+ songs. So I looked and realized that when you set the 
button by which you filter how you want to see your music to artists, there is 
an "All Artists" selection at the very top of the list and if you select that 
and then tab once into the list view all songs do show up.

     

    I then went back into the list of selections which are as follows:

     

    Songs

    Albums

    Artists

    Composers

    Genres

     

    I realized that while these now are in a list you have to activate by 
pressing enter or the space bar on the button and then tab once into the list, 
these were all the same choices as were in iTunes 11 where they were radio 
buttons. So I thought why not select Songs since in iTunes 11 you had to check 
the Songs radio button in order to enable the column browser and bingo, as soon 
as I did so my column browser was back with Genre, Artist and Album columns and 
I can select and narrow my music down by any of these just as before. brilliant!

     

    So, here again is what to look for:

     

    Make sure you press Alt+1 in Windows or check the Music radio button. I 
always find that the search edit box is a good place to start, just press 
Control+F to jump to that search field.

    Once you are in the search field, tab once and you are on a button called 
"Search Options", this is just like iTunes 11.

    Tab once more and you are on the Music radio button, make sure it is 
checked by pressing the spacebar.

    After the music radio button if you tab you get to "Movies", "TV Shows" and 
then "More". I am not sure if everybody has Movies and TV Shows or if these 
might not be there if you don't enable them in Preferences.

    Anyhow, More is where you find things like Apps, Audio Books, Tones, 
Podcasts etc.

    Once you tab past the More radio button, you have 3 additional radio 
buttons which are specific to what you selected before, e.g. if you selected 
Music, then the 3 buttons are:

     

    My Music - this is your music library with all your ripped CD's and 
purchased music

     

    Playlists - your Playlists

    iTunes Store - takes you to the iTunes Store

     

    Tab once more and you come to a button which is the button where you select 
from the options I mentioned above and this determines how your music is 
displayed. Activate the button and tab once into the list of options. If you 
are like me and you like the column browser, just arrow to "Songs" and press 
enter.

    Now if you tab you are in your column browser, first is Genre, then Artist 
and then Album and tab once more to get into your list view of songs.

     

    One thing I should mention is that for those of you where iTunes Radio is 
available this might show up somewhere but since I am in Canada where it is not 
yet available I don't know if it is under "More" or if it is another main radio 
button like Music, Movies, TV Shows etc.

     

     

    Good luck,

    Sieghard

     

    -- 
    The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. 
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
    --- 
    You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
    To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
    To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
    Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
    For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

  ****
  If we can't look at ourselves, and ask, why?  then where does the learning 
start?

  -- 
  The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. 
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
  --- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
  For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.


  -- 
  The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. 
All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
  --- 
  You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
  To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an 
email to [email protected].
  To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
  Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
  For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

-- 
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All 
new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any 
questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a 
member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators 
directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can 
be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/[email protected]/.
--- 
You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups 
"VIPhone" group.
To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email 
to [email protected].
To post to this group, send email to [email protected].
Visit this group at http://groups.google.com/group/viphone.
For more options, visit https://groups.google.com/d/optout.

Reply via email to