The following is thanks to Larry Turnbull, from the Main Menu show of October
31, 2014.  It can be found at
mainmenu.acbradio.org
When you are ready to delete a book, assuming you want to delete the whole book
with all its parts, hit the back button until you are on the page, that begins
with settings,  where the two delete buttons are located.  Do not activate the
settings button, but swipe right, past the second delete button, onto the title
of the book you want to delete.  While focused on the title, do a three-finger
swipe to the left, and it will say page two of two.  At that point, if you do a
one-finger swipe left, it will say delete button.  Technically, this is the
delete button that you want, but just to be sure, do a one-finger swipe right,
and make sure the book you are deleting is the correct one.  One-finger swipe
left, and activate this delete button.  You should get the, "are you sure?"
dialogue.  If so, activate the delete button within this dialogue, and your
book will be deleted.

As with the other method of deleting these books that was posted here, I would
have never figured this out on my own.  I hope Audible fixes the delete buttons
situation, so they, preferably it, will do what it is supposed to do.

Arnold Schmidt