From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Merv Keck
Sent: Tuesday, November 04, 2014 12:15 PM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: RE: Apple TV audio questions

Sieghard

You may be the individual who can assist me in answering my question about how
best to get decent sound out of my Apple TV. However, I understand this may not
be the proper list for such a question. So if this is beyond the scope of this
list please feel free to write me off list and answer this question. However,
if the moderators are ok with it I think others may find it of benefit as well.

I have the latest Apple TV and my Samsung has two HDMI connections. I have a
Samsung sound bar which I did not realize at the time was not the best choice.
I probably should have saved for something high end like Sonos. However, now
that I am asking is there an advisable way to get decent sound from the Apple
TV through a Sound Bar? If I connect my Apple TV directly to the Samsung Sound
bar the Apple TV will not wake up. I also tried a Kineva 5 HDMI duplicator and
it will not wake up with one of those. However if I run it directly in to the
back of the TV it wakes up. Then, of course, I only have the TV sound and not
the sound bar. Do you get where I am coming from? The sound Bar has optical
connection and HDMI but although the individual at Best Buy said the TV had
optical when we got the TV installed we discovered it did not. Am I guessing
correctly in thinking you are going to advise picking up a Sonos sound bar when
we come into some money or do you have another solution?

Thanks in advance,

Merv

blind5spar...@gmail.com