Hi Crystal,

Yes, I do have the rain gauge and it works perfectly. It’s all made from
moulded plastic and roughly I would say the size is like a large container of
yogurt (the ones that are 750 ml, not sure what that is in imperial
measurement). The comparision is not quite right because the bottom part is not
quite as much in diameter, then it narrows down and the top is basically a
large funnel about 5 inches across.

If you tap the “Rain” button in the app you get 3 values:

Rain last hour: this is given in millimeters per hour or, I guess if you have
it set to imperial measurements in inches per hour

Rain accumula.,: this stands for rain accumulation and is your total amount of
rainfall since Midnight as it measure midnight to midnight just as minimum and
maximum temperature

Rain forecast: this gives you an estimate as to how much rain is expected which
I guess is information pulled from official weather forecast services.

What currently is not possible is to see a history, e.g. if it’s been raining a
lot in the afternoon and evening and you really wanted to know how much rain
fell that day you would have to check just before midnight.

I am planning to talk to them about hopefully making at least the value for the
previous day available to Voiceover users, but apart from that it works great
and seems to be very accurate. The rain gauge uses what is called the “tipping
bucket” design. Inside under the funnel are 2 small holding containers/buckets
mounted on an arm balanced in the middle. They are so carefully balanced that
as one fills to the predetermined amount, I think it is 1 ml or maybe even
less, the weight tips it down and it empties. Then the other bucket which is up
fills and the process repeats. This is a common design for self-emptying
electronic rain gauges and you just have to make sure  you place the rain gauge
on a level surface. It has a standard quarter inch tripod mount on the bottom
so it would be best to mount it or ask somebody to mount it for you and during
that process a level needs to be used to make sure it is perfectly level and
not tilted sideways as that would result in inaccurate readings.