Wit the AmazonBasics keyboard, the second key from the right in the top row is
the key to toggle the onscreen keyboard.

Richard

From: viphone@googlegroups.com [mailto:viphone@googlegroups.com] On Behalf Of
Teresa Cochran
Sent: Friday, November 21, 2014 10:45 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: strange behavior on home screen

There's a current problem with iOS that makes external keyboard behavior
unpredictable. However, you can try keyboard shortcuts to show or hide the
onscreen keyboard. In Braille, it's dots 1-4-6-space to toggle this option. The
external keyboard key varies with the manufacturer. My Anker keyboard uses f3
to do this, and some others use f5. Try activating Voiceover help with dots
1-3-space or control-option-k on the external keyboard and see if you can find
out which key will do this. You can turn off Voiceover help by pressing escape
or dots 1-2-space.

HtH,

Teresa

"We can see with the eyes, but we see with the brain as well, and seeing with
the brain is often called imagination."--Oliver Sacks

On Nov 20, 2014, at 7:17 PM, Eden Kizer <eden...@centurylink.net