I have an iPhone 5 that does qualify for the battery replacement. About a month ago, with 7.1.2, it started having this problem. Calibrating the battery does not end up helping the situation. Now, if I am going to be away from my charger, I never let it drop much below 50 percent, being that I have had it shut down with 38 percent charge. The worst example is the day I first had a problem, at work, when it was at about 85 per cent, and completely and absolutely dead less than three hours later, without having been used in the intervening time. I hope it is the bad battery situation.

Arnold Schmidt
----- Original Message ----- From: "Daniel McGee" <danielmcgee...@googlemail.com>
To: <viphone@googlegroups.com>
Sent: Thursday, December 04, 2014 10:50 AM
Subject: Battery oddness with iphone 5 and 8.1.1

Dear all,

So I have updated to 8.1.1 on an iPhone 5 and so far, I am enjoying the experience until now which is a concern.

Basically, this Sunday gone, I woke up and check my battery percentage and it was at 28% unlocked the phone and started using it and just like that Voiceover said "iphone shutting down."

Today, early in the morning my phone was at 18%. As before, unlocked it, started using it and sure enough the same message came up.

Here are the two things that I'm worried about though.

1. This is a big concern but when the phone shuts down, the only way I can get it to start up again is to plug it into charge and when I here the two birbrations, and a few seconds later the phone is on again. Today, when it died at 18% I waited till it came on again through the use of the charger, took it off, and sure enough, a bit later it died again around the 18% mark.

2. If anyone knows, why isn't the battery percentage being accurate? Its got me a bit worried because I've never had this kind of problem before. I just wanted to know, am I on my own? Fingers crossed, I'm hoping its a software issue and not a hardware one that is targeted at my device.

If anyone has got any experience on the matter then I would love to know how you managed to resolve it. If at all.

Many thanks

Daniel

--
The following information is important for all members of the viphone list. All new members to the this list are moderated by default. If you have any questions or concerns about the running of this list, or if you feel that a member's post is inappropriate, please contact the owners or moderators directly rather than posting on the list itself. The archives for this list can be searched at http://www.mail-archive.com/viphone@googlegroups.com/. --- You received this message because you are subscribed to the Google Groups "VIPhone" group. To unsubscribe from this group and stop receiving emails from it, send an email to viphone+unsubscr...@googlegroups.com.