The instructions don't mention what you have to do to reset your key. What you
have to do is provide both your iCloud passcode (not your account password)
*and your trusted device that you've already set up is sent a text message with
a six-digit code with a short expiration period. ONLY when you do these two
steps can you reset your key, hence two-factor authentication. I speak from
experience, having followed those instructions and reset my key. :)

Teresa.

"We can see with the eyes, but we see with the brain as well, and seeing with
the brain is often called imagination."--Oliver Sacks