From: Teresa Cochran
Sent: Sunday, December 14, 2014 12:02 AM
To: viphone@googlegroups.com
Subject: Re: Efficiently using Facebook

When I joined Facebook in 2010, I looked at all the privacy settings, and
turned off its ability to post to search engines. I also don't allow anyone to
add me except a friend of a friend. It's very hard to find my Facebook page. If
you're simply going to read and not post, you may not have to set very many of
these privacy settings, but you might work on it bit by bit, in case you decide
to post. I'm on a wide-ranging set of Facebook groups, which have mostly
replaced my email lists.

The only way Facebook can gain access to your contacts is if you tell it to
find your friends. In the native iOS app, you can simply read posts one after
the other. You would have to interact with them to comment and do other actions
with the posts.

Also, I have set up email notifications for myself. This even allows you to

HtH,Teresa

"We can see with the eyes, but we see with the brain as well, and seeing with
the brain is often called imagination."--Oliver Sacks