It's perfectly normal for it to say:
Now discoverable as: and then the title of your phone such as Bill's iPhone 6
or whatever.

This is not an indication that there is anything wrong with your phone as far
as pairing.

Now if it actually says "device is now available for pairing as" I suppose this
might indicate a problem. But as far as I know, your phone doesn't somehow have
to hav modes switched in order to pair.
Anything not yet paired but available usually appears under "other devices"
after the list of your already-paired and/or connected devices. Ordinarily,
after making the device you want to pair with your phone discoverable or in
pairing mode, you tap on the icon on your phone for that device in "other
devices"  and it is paired either with or without a pin request; I haven't had
to enter a pin with headphones but haven't used the plantronics. If the device
isn't even showing up in "other devices" on your phone under "bluetooth" in
Settings, either your phone isn't detecting it or your headset hasn't been made
discoverable. Or something else is wrong. If you actually have a problem, you
could try turning bluetooth off and back on again.

--
Cheryl

Go beyond the Christmas story this year;
meet Immanuel (God with us),
Jesus, the crucified Savior,
Christ, the risen LORD!!!