It will be part of the DSM whenever it will be used in future.
Hence, it is not attack surface.

> > It is not.
> > Hypervisor is trusted entity.
> > For untrusted hypervisor the TDISP is unified solution build by the various
> industry bodies including DMTF, PCI for last few years.
> > We want to utilize that.
> first, TDISP is out of virtio spec.
Sure, hence, untrusted hypervisor are out of scope.
Otherwise, trap+emulation is equally dead which relies on the hypervisor to do
things.

> second, TDISP devices can not be migrated for now third, admin vq can be an
> side channel attacking surface as explained above.
When TDISP are not used, hypervisor is trusted entity, period.
And hence, it cannot be considered attack surface.
An hypervisor can even disable SR-IOV.

> > It does not answer.
> > The claim that somehow a polling register ensures downtime guarantee for
> scale of thousands of member devices is some specific device implementation
> without explanation.
> the registers and the LM facilities are per-device.

> > Yes, I am clear from long time, nor AQ nor no register, RSS queues, none
> cannot guarantee any performance characteristics.
> > It is pretty clear to me.
> > Any performance guarantees are explicitly requested when desired.

> > It does not matter data path or control path, the fact is it downtime
> > assurance
> cannot be guaranteed by register interface design, it is the implementation
> details.
> > And so does for admin commands and/or AQ.
> the registers do not perform any data transitions, e.g., we don't migrate
> dirty
> pages through registers.
> But you do these by admin vq
So what?
Just because data transfer is not done, it does not mean that thousands of
polling register writes complete in stipulated time.