On Tue, 24 Apr 2007 10:51:35 -0700 Jeremy Fitzhardinge <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
wrote:

> Andrew Morton wrote:
> > It seems fairly sensitive to .config settings.  See
> > http://userweb.kernel.org/~akpm/config-sony.txt
> >

> I haven't tried your config yet, but I haven't managed to reproduce it
> by playing with the usual suspects in my config (SMP, PREEMPT).  Any
> idea about which config changes make the difference?

I said that because the damn thing went away when I was hunting it down
because I lost the config and was unable to remember the right combination
of debug settings.  Fortunately it later came back so I took care to
preserve the config.

> Hm, is it caused by using sched_clock() to generate the printk
> timestamps while generating the lock test output?

Conceivably.  What does that locking API test do?

I was using printk timestamps and netconsole at the time.