** Apologize if you receive multiple copies of this email, or if its content is
irrelevant for you.
** Please forward for your contacts. Thank you very much!
WorldCIST'17 - 5th World Conference on Information Systems and Technologies
Porto santo Isalnd, Madeira, Portugal
11th-13th of April 2017
The WorldCist'17 - 5th World Conference on Information Systems and
Technologies, to be held at Porto Santo Island, Madeira, Portugal, 11 - 13
April 2017, is a global forum for researchers and practitioners to present and
discuss the most recent innovations, trends, results, experiences and concerns
in the several perspectives of Information Systems and Technologies.
We are pleased to invite you to submit your papers to WorldCist'17
(http://www.worldcist.org/). All submissions will be reviewed on the basis of
relevance, originality, importance and clarity.
Submitted papers should be related with one or more of the main themes proposed
for the Conference:
A) Information and Knowledge Management (IKM);
B) Organizational Models and Information Systems (OMIS);
C) Software and Systems Modeling (SSM);
D) Software Systems, Architectures, Applications and Tools (SSAAT);
E) Multimedia Systems and Applications (MSA);
F) Computer Networks, Mobility and Pervasive Systems (CNMPS);
G) Intelligent and Decision Support Systems (IDSS);
H) Big Data Analytics and Applications (BDAA);
I) Human-Computer Interaction (HCI);
J) Ethics, Computers and Security (ECS)
K) Health Informatics (HIS);
L) Information Technologies in Education (ITE);
M) Information Technologies in Radiocommunications (ITR).
TYPES of SUBMISSIONS AND DECISIONS
Four types of papers can be submitted:
- Full paper: Finished or consolidated R&D works, to be included in one of the
Conference themes. These papers are assigned a 10-page limit.
- Short paper: Ongoing works with relevant preliminary results, open to
discussion. These papers are assigned a 7-page limit.
- Poster paper: Initial work with relevant ideas, open to discussion. These
papers are assigned to a 4-page limit.
- Company paper: Companies' papers that show practical experience, R & D,
tools, etc., focused on some topics of the conference. These papers are
assigned to a 4-page limit.
Submitted papers must comply with the format of Advances in Intelligent Systems
and Computing Series (see Instructions for Authors at Springer Website or
download a DOC example) be written in English, must not have been published
before, not be under review for any other conference or publication and not
include any information leading to the authors identification. Therefore, the
authors names, affiliations and bibliographic references should not be
included in the version for evaluation by the Program Committee. This
information should only be included in the camera-ready version, saved in Word
or Latex format and also in PDF format. These files must be accompanied by the
Consent to Publication form filled out, in a ZIP file, and uploaded at the
conference management system.
All papers will be subjected to a double-blind review by at least two members
of the Program Committee.
Based on Program Committee evaluation, a paper can be rejected or accepted by
the Conference Chairs. In the later case, it can be accepted as the type
originally submitted or as another type. Thus, full papers can be accepted as
short papers or poster papers only. Similarly, short papers can be accepted as
poster papers only. In these cases, the authors will be allowed to maintain the
original number of pages in the camera-ready version.
The authors of accepted poster papers must also build and print a poster to be
exhibited during the Conference. This poster must follow an A1 or A2 vertical
format. The Conference can includes Work Sessions where these posters are
presented and orally discussed, with a 5 minute limit per poster.
The authors of accepted full papers will have 15 minutes to present their work
in a Conference Work Session; approximately 5 minutes of discussion will follow
each presentation. The authors of accepted short papers and company papers will
have 11 minutes to present their work in a Conference Work Session;
approximately 4 minutes of discussion will follow each presentation.
PUBLICATION & INDEXING
To ensure that a full paper, short paper, poster paper or company paper is
published in the Proceedings, at least one of the authors must be fully
registered by the 8th of January 2017, and the paper must comply with the
suggested layout and page-limit. Additionally, all recommended changes must be
addressed by the authors before they submit the camera-ready version.
No more than one paper per registration will be published in the Conference
Proceedings. An extra fee must be paid for publication of additional papers,
with a maximum of one additional paper per registration. One registration
permits only the participation of one author in the conference.
Full and short papers will be published in Proceedings by Springer, in Advances
in Intelligent Systems and Computing Series. Poster and company papers will be
published by AISTI.
Published full and short papers will be submitted for indexation by ISI,
EI-Compendex, SCOPUS, DBLP and Google Scholar, among others, and will be
available in the SpringerLink Digital Library.
The authors of the best selected papers will be invited to extend them for
publication in international journals indexed by ISI/SCI, SCOPUS and DBLP,
among others, such as:
- International Journal of Neural Systems (IF: 6.085 / Q1)
- Integrated Computer-Aided Engineering (IF: 4.981 / Q1)
- International Journal of Information Management (IF: 2.692 / Q1)
- Electronic Commerce Research and Applications (IF: 2.139 / Q1)
- Computers, Environment and Urban Systems (IF: 2.092 / Q1)
- Data Mining and Knowledge Discovery (IF: 1.759 / Q1)
- Journal of Medical Systems (IF: 2.213 / Q2)
- Journal of Business Research (IF: 2.129 / Q2)
- Pervasive and Mobile Computing (IF: 1.719 / Q2)
- Knowledge and Information Systems (IF: 1.702 / Q2)
- Journal of Grid Computing (IF: 1.561 / Q2) - Special Issue on "Big Data"
- Cluster Computing (IF:1.514 / Q2) - Special Issue on "Advanced Machine
Learning in Parallel and Distributed Knowledge Discovery"
- International Journal of Critical Infrastructure Protection (IF: 1.351 / Q2)
- Expert Systems - Journal of Knowledge Engineering (IF: 0.947 / Q3)
- Concurrency and Computation: Practice and Experience (IF: 0.942 / Q3)
- Ethics and Information Technology (IF: 0.739 / Q3)
- Engineering Computations (IF: 0.691 / Q3)
- Advances in Complex Systems (IF: 0.461 / Q3)
- Computing and Informatics (IF: 0.504 / Q4)
- AI Communications (IF: 0.364 / Q4)
- Journal of Hospitality and Tourism Technology (SR: 0.672 / Q2)
- Transforming Government: People, Process and Policy (SR: 0.642 / Q2)
- TEM Journal - Technology, Education, Management, Informatics (ISI - Emerging
Sources Citation Index)
- Computer Methods in Biomechanics and Biomedical Engineering - Imaging &
Visualization (ISI - Emerging Sources Citation Index)
- Journal of Information Systems Engineering & Management
Paper Submission: November 13, 2016
Notification of Acceptance: December 25, 20156
Payment of Registration, to ensure the inclusion of an accepted paper in the
conference proceedings: January 8, 2017.
Camera-ready Submission: January 8, 2017
Virtualization mailing list