Hi guys,

I am working on supporting DGRAM type for virtio/vhost vsock. I
already did some work and a draft code is here (which passed my tests,
but still need some cleanup and only works from host to guest as of
now, will add host to guest soon):
https://github.com/Jiang1155/linux/commit/4e89736e0bce15496460ff411cb4694b143d1c3d
qemu changes are here:
https://github.com/Jiang1155/qemu/commit/7ab778801e3e8969ab98e44539943810a2fb03eb

Today, I just noticed that the Asias had an old version of virtio
which had both dgram and stream support, see this link:
https://kvm.vger.kernel.narkive.com/BMvH9eEr/rfc-v2-0-7-introduce-vm-sockets-virtio-transport#post1

But somehow, the dgram part seems never merged to upstream linux (the
stream part is merged). If so, does anyone know what is the reason for
this? Did we drop dgram support for some specific reason or the code
needs some improvement?

My current code differs from Asias' code in some ways. It does not use
credit and does not support fragmentation.  It basically adds two virt
queues and re-uses the existing functions for tx and rx ( there is
somewhat duplicate code for now, but I will try to make common
functions to reduce it). If we still want to support dgram in upstream
linux, which way do you guys recommend? If necessary, I can try to
base on Asias' old code and continue working on it. If there is
anything unclear, just let me know. Thanks.

Regards,

Jiang