On 22/09/2021 19:08, Laurent Vivier wrote:
hwrng core uses two buffers that can be mixed in the virtio-rng queue.

This series fixes the problem by adding an internal buffer in virtio-rng.

Once the internal buffer is added, we can fix two other problems:

- to be able to release the driver without waiting the device releases the
   buffer

- actually returns some data when wait=0 as we can have some already
   available data

It also tries to improve the performance by always having a buffer in
the queue of the device.

Laurent Vivier (4):
   hwrng: virtio - add an internal buffer
   hwrng: virtio - don't wait on cleanup
   hwrng: virtio - don't waste entropy
   hwrng: virtio - always add a pending request

  drivers/char/hw_random/virtio-rng.c | 84 +++++++++++++++++++++--------

Any comment?

Do we need a v2?

Thanks,