On Thu, Oct 26, 2023 at 03:09:13PM +0000, Parav Pandit wrote:

> [...]

I don't know myself offhand. I just know it's not so simple. Looking at the
source
for network drivers I see:

%kvmnet6.DeviceDesc%    = kvmnet6.ndi,
PCI\VEN_1AF4&DEV_1000&SUBSYS_0001_INX_SUBSYS_VENDOR_ID&REV_00,
PCI\VEN_1AF4&DEV_1000

So the drivers will:
A. bind with high priority to subsystem vendor ID used when drivers where built.
   popular drivers built and distributed for free by Red Hat have 1AF4
B. bind with low priority to any subsystem device/vendor id as long as
   vendor is 1af4 and device is 1000

My conclusions:
- you probably need a way to tweak subsystem vendor id in software
- default should probably be 1AF4 not whatever actual device uses

--
MST