Jens Lehmann wrote:
Hello,

Kjetil Kjernsmo wrote:
Dear all,

I've been packaging Virtuoso for Debian. As a user of Debian and Debian-derived distros such as Ubuntu, it eases maintenance a lot to have them.

As a Virtuoso and Debian/Ubuntu user, I'd greatly appreciate such a
package. In particular, it will make it much easier to upgrade to the
latest version. In fact, that's how I found this thread: We need to
upgrade from 5.0.3 to the latest Virtuoso version to fix an encoding issue.

I read part of the discussion. Are you already at a stage, where you can
provide a working Debian/Ubuntu Virtuoso package?

Hi,

We have produced an initial tentative version of a Debian packager (debian/ subdirectory), currently committed to internal CVS and to be included in the next release(-or-candidate). There's a way to go before Virtuoso gets included in those distributions properly, though.

HTH,

~Tim
--
Tim Haynes