Rumi Tsekova wrote:
Hi David,

I want to attempt to import our user profile data into ODS from our existing social networking site then I want to change the ODS authentication to map to our internal LDAP for user authentication.

Is there any existing FAQ's or posts on these topics?

I want to cut over to using ODS but I don't want to impose on the existing user community to reconfigure their profiles and I need to keep their account passwords in synch with the rest of our enterprise.

Thanks for the help.
I am looking forward to digging much deeper into this platform.

Thank you for the question(s).
We are in a process of adding FAQ re. LDAP and in the meantime you can take a look at Conductor (http://host:port/conductor) ->System Admin->User Accounts.

There you can try  the LDAP Servers and LDAP Import tabs features.
LDAP Import you can use to generate DAV accounts, which automatically will become ODS accounts.

Best Regards,
Rumi

David,

Note, that when you take the LDAP import option via the Virtuoso Conductor, it will provide you with an authentication mode option at the end of the pipleline which gets applied to all the accounts. The net effect of this process is that all the imported accounts are 'dav' accounts with LDAP authentication hooks. Also, all 'dav' accounts are ODS accounts (this is a back door mechanism for creating ODS accounts).

Once you have ODS up and running it will deliver to you a virtualization layer atop you internal and/or external web data, and make all of that available as RDF based Linked Data without you doing any more than completing slots in your profile (e.g. identifying your other online accounts and URIs or resources you've created elsewhere).

Kingsley

This SF.Net email is sponsored by the Moblin Your Move Developer's challenge Build the coolest Linux based applications with Moblin SDK & win great prizes Grand prize is a trip for two to an Open Source event anywhere in the world