It was a firewall problem, thanks for the tip.

Till

-----Original Message-----
From: Robert Jones [mailto:rjo...@openlinksw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, December 03, 2008 9:19 AM
To: Till Plumbaum
Cc: Virtuoso-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Virtuoso-users] Setup Virtuoso 5.0.9

3/12/08 7:31 AM, "Kingsley Idehen" <kide...@openlinksw.com>:

> Till Plumbaum wrote:
>>
>> I  already installed and tested virtuoso open source edition 5.0.9 on
>> my local machine and everything worked fine. But when I try to connect
>> to the Conductor Interface or the database (both running on the
>> default port) from another client, I can't connect to the system. Can
>> someone please explain me how to setup virtuoso for external clients
>> or show me where I can find that in the manual? I tried "Hosted
>> Domains and Virtual Directories" and to change the ACLs, but nothing
>> worked.
>>

>> Thanks,
>>
>> Till
>>

> Till,
>
> Send the following:
>
> 1. INI file excerpts covering the ports used by HTTP
> 2. Output of: virtuoso -c <your-db-ini> -f
>
> The above will aid resolution of this problem.
>
> I suspect HTTP port binding issues.

Till,

as you say that you are trying to connect remotely to an instance already
verified on the local machine then you may be hitting firewall problems.
Have you checked your firewall configuration?

What platform are you running this on?  (note the output of virtuoso -f as
above will also reveal this).

Rob.