Hi,
I've been working with virtuoso for a couple weeks now and have been able to
load a test RDF data file into the quad store (subset of the UNIPROT dataset
containing about 2.6 million triples) and query it  with good success.  I had
saved the loading commands as well as SPARQL queries for the database so they
were reusable.
In testing the system, I shutdown the virtuoso-t server, deleted the db-files
as well as the trx and the pxa files and then brought the server back up.  I
then did a full reload of the dataset.
I'm now struggling with query performance on what seem to be very basic queries
and am looking for suggestions to help resolve them.  I've loaded the same
dataset and reused the coded SPARQL queries it.
My original install was I believe into a vanilla quadstore (no special indexes
in place).  I believe the query is being done on exclusively local data - if
this assumption is wrong it may explain the performance issue - really don't
understand how the caching aspect of this system work and may be tripping on
this.
Can folks suggest any way to check this (my packet sniffer isn't showing
anything obvious).
I can provide the explain output for an example query if this would be useful.
Any suggestions would be _really_ appreciated.
Corey