HI Pierre,

Next you add a "New directory to this line", click on "Type" radio
button and choose "Sparql access point" from the dropdown list and
press Next button. Set "Path" to /sparql and press the "Save
Changes"
button to store.

At this point you have created:

       http://my.example.com:8080/sparql

I followed your procedure and it works fine, thanks !

However I see that by default the new sparql endpoint is run under the
user 'dba'. I was therefore wondering if it would not be more secure to
create a new user dedicated to this sparql endpoint and having only
rights to retrieve data (not insert or update).
Is this correct ?

There is no need to do this as this is already done.

Even though the endpoint is run as dba, it is not calling a .vsp page (think .php and other dynamic pages which mix html with scripting language) but it is calling a service /!sparql which is a build-in service in the virtuoso server.

 First thing this service does is to sudo to the SPARQL user.

This SPARQL user by default does not have permissions the add/modify/ delete data in the database, unless specifically granted.

Patrick