Hi,

I was trying to setup the ldap backend for ldap authentication using
the conductor web interface, and when I tested, I received an error
message stating:
"SR185: Undefined procedure DB.DBA.ldap_search"

I'm using the version 6.1.2 packaged for ubuntu natty (11.04).
Am I missing something, did I forget to install a VAD package or do
you think there is a bug somewhere?

in the meantime, how can I solve this issue ?

To work with LDAP, Virtuoso needs to be configured with the --with- openldap flag to incorporate functions in virtuoso that interface with the openldap client library.

At this time the Ubuntu package is not build with this extension.

To resolve this, you would need to either get in touch with the ubuntu maintainer for virtuoso, or compile it yourself using the following instructions for ubuntu/debian and including the --with-openldap in the configure phase:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/dav/wiki/Main/VOSUbuntuNotes#Building%20from%20Upstream%20Source

Best regards,

Patrick
---