Hi Martin,

will the database binary format be backwards compatible, i.e. can we just copy our 6.1.3-pre database over into 6.1.4's working directory?

Please read the README.UPGRADE file from the 6.1.4 source tree.

There was a potential problem with some types of XML fragments that could break one of the indexes.

When you start up your 6.1.3-pre database with the 6.1.4 binary, it will do a diagnostic on your database to determine if your database might be affected by this. If not, then the database will just start up without any problems and will not check again on subsequent starts.

If your database does have this problem, the README.UPDATE contains the steps you need to take to allow virtuoso to fix this problem and recreate the index. Note this can take some time depending on the size of your database and your database will grow in size, which after conversion will be added to your free block count.

If you have any questions, please contact me.

Patrick