Hi Will,

> I am trying to figure out the correct way to escape a null character in a
> wide
> string literal for Virtuoso. For narrow literals with c-escapes turned on I
> can
> use \0 as expected. But in a wide literal (e.g. N'null\0escape') Virtuoso
> complains with SQ074 "Invalid wide string literal".
>
> I tried \00 \0000 even \z and \u0000 but I can't find the right sequence. Can
> anyone help?

In the current version of Virtuoso Open Source, the \0 is not accepted as a
wide char, so a workaround until fixed is to use concatenation like :

        N'aaa' || '\0' || N'bbb'

We are working on a permanent fix, so please keep an eye on our Github commit
list:

   https://github.com/openlink/virtuoso-opensource/commits/develop/6

Patrick