Hi Peter,

> I'm trying to install the VAD package Demo through Conductor 6.01.3127
> (System Admin -> Packages -> Demo -> Install)
>
> It's failing to install and returning the following Fatal Error:
>
> 00000 Errors detected
> 00000 Installation of "Demo Database" was unsuccessful.
>       The installation of this VAD package has failed.
>       Please delete the transaction file
> /usr/local/virtuoso-opensource/var/lib/virtuoso/db//usr/local/virtuoso-opensource/var/lib/virtuoso/db/virtuoso.trx
>       and then restart your database server.
>       Note: Your database will be in its pre VAD installation state after you
> restart.
> 00000 FATAL
>

> Can anyone help me with this?
>
> Are there any scripts available to manually populate the Demo database so I
> can install it with data without needing the package to work?

Please check your virtuoso.log file.

Just above the lines you show here, is another couple of lines that hold the
clue to why the package could not be installed.

If you cut/paste them in an email to me, i will help you understand why the
package could not be installed.

Of course you could try to load all the SQL scripts and other parts by hand,
but the reason of the VAD is to make this simpler.

Patrick