Hi Nate,

> I have installed virtuoso from the debian repository on my olinuxino
> board when I run the odbctest script [1] from ontowiki with php-cli the
> connection works. If I invoke it from the browser I get:
>
> Connection failed - Something is wrong with your configuration. Used
> connection parameters: - DSN: VOS - Username: dba - Password: dba Error
> failed to localhost:1111 = localhost:1111.
>
> I have also installed the conductor if I call my board at port 8890 I
> see the link to the conductor but get:
>
> Error HTCLI
>
> HC001: Connection Error in HTTP Client
>
> when I click on it.
>
> The log [2] has also some strange content but it says
>
> 15:03:16 Server online at 1111 (pid 1417)
>
> in the end.
>
> Am I missing something, or how can I debug the problem?
>
> Thank you
> Nate
>
> [1]
> https://github.com/AKSW/OntoWiki/blob/develop/application/scripts/odbctest.php
> [2] http://paste.debian.net/207498/

Looking at this paste output you provided, there is a problem with the build
you have tried to install.

Errors like:

     15:03:09 Error executing a server init statement : 37000: SQ074: Line 63
(line 498 of "[executable]/wsrm_xsd.sql"): syntax error at '\\' before ''
type=\\''
     -- SOAP_LOAD_SCH (WSRM_WSS0212_XSD (), null, 0, 0)

and

     15:03:09 Error compiling stored procedure: 37000: SQ074: Line 25 (line 79
of "[executable]/vspx.sql"): syntax error at '%' before 's' -- #line 55 "
     [executable]/vspx.sql"
     create trigger VSPX_SESSIO
     15:03:09 Error compiling a server init statement : 37000: SQ074: Line 33:
syntax error at '%' before 's' -- create method vc_render () for vspx_button

should of course not happen when starting up a database for the first time.

During the creation of the database, a number of compiled-in stored procedures
are called to actually create the meta-structure of the db. In the build you
installed these procedures have not been generated properly during the
compilation process and most likely the build was not verified with the
supplied testsuite.

As such even though the server managed to start, your database is not
initialized correctly and both the http service as well as the odbc connection
will be unusable.

Can you give me the first 7 lines of output from this command:

        virtuoso-t -?

You should probably contact the Debian Maintainer and ask him if there is a
newer build for your version of Debian available.

Note the most current virtuoso version for Debian is available here:

        http://packages.debian.org/sid/virtuoso-opensource

The latest version of Virtuoso Open Source is actually 6.1.6 which has a lot of
bugfixes and optimizations and is currently the recommended version to install.

If you have no problem compiling packages for your platform yourself, you can
find the source code tree on:

        http://github.org/openlink/virtuoso-opensource

or the tar ball on:

        http://sourceforge.net/projects/virtuoso/files/virtuoso/6.1.6/