Thanks for the advice

I'll try this construct --- liemyu say it it is easier to read and understand).

Ian

On 23/12/2013 05:43, Quentin wrote:
Ian,

It may not be being truncated. Some but not all of the sparql compilation entries from trace_on() are truncated but it's only the debug output that is being truncated, not the query itself. This has caused me confusion before.

Not guaranteed to work but you might try an alternate construct, if nothing else it's easier to read and since it's a little more orthodox, it's more likely to be well understood by the query optimiser. A post from Hugh last week suggests that there may be additional optimisation for IN based lookups comoing though they may or may not apply to this usage.

select ?thing ?x ?y ?z
where {
    ?thing predicate1 ?x .
    ?thing predicate2 ?y .