Hi Tim,

Looks like your Ubuntu distro is really old if it installs the 6.0 release.
Certainly you need 6.1.6+ to have the FILTER NOT EXIST support.

You should be able to following the steps in [3] to update the existing debian
packages to the latest, although that assumes you have base 6.1 packages which
was the version being bundled with Ubuntu at the time and so has not been
tested with 6.0, but should work also in theory ?

The easiest way to get a latest build in my experience is to just build
directly from sources either from sourceforge or git (preferably) as detailed
at:

        http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VOSDownload
        http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VOSGitUsage

and replace the existing 6.0.x "virtuoso-t" in /usr/bin with the build from the
latest sources which is 6.1.8 ...

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers