Hi,

    I am looking into a solution to automatically load triples into our triples
store. We use jena to convert our data into triples. Our current workflow is
that we dump the triples in a file (e.g. content.ttl) after which this file is
loaded through the isql command line:

    "DB.DBA.TTLP_MT (file_to_string_output
('wpContent_v0.0.73237_20140115.ttl'), '', 'http://rdf.wikipathways.org'); “

would very much like to make both the authoring and the subsequent loading in
the triple store a automatic process.

 I have tried the following in java:

InputStream in = new FileInputStream(args[1]);
                InputStream in = new
FileInputStream("wpContent_v0.0.73237_20140115.ttl");
                String url ="jdbc:virtuoso://localhost:4444";

                /*                      STEP 1                  */
                VirtGraph wpGraph = new VirtGraph
("http://rdf.wikipathways.org/";, url, “dba", “<dba-pw>");

                wpGraph.clear();
                VirtuosoUpdateRequest vur =
VirtuosoUpdateFactory.read(in,wpGraph);
                vur.exec();

or loading them triple by triple:

                VirtGraph wpGraph = new VirtGraph
("http://rdf.wikipathways.org/";, url,  “dba", “<dba-pw>");

                //wpGraph.getTransactionHandler().begin();
                wpGraph.clear();
                StmtIterator iter = model.listStatements();
                while (iter.hasNext()) {
                        Statement stmt      = iter.nextStatement();  // get
next statement
                        wpGraph.add(new Triple(stmt.getSubject().asNode(),
stmt.getPredicate().asNode(), stmt.getObject().asNode()));
                        System.out.println( stmt.getSubject()+" -
"+stmt.getPredicate()+" - "+stmt.getObject());
                }

Both of these approached work, they only take hours to proceed.

Can I get the minutes needed for loading through the isql  command line in an
automated pipeline process? Can I trigger the DB.DBA.TTLP_MT through java or a
shell script?

Any guidance is much appreciated

Kind regards,

Andra Waagmeester