Hi Thomas,

That won’t work as the +backup-dump is not compatible even between 6.x engine
numbers which are thus included in the trx file to indicate this should you
attempt to restore / replay with a different database engine number hence the
error you indicating the server version don’t match.

So you have to perform the upgrade by copying the database as is  and starting
with a v7 binary and then convert the RDF_QUAD table to Column Store mode as
indicated at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/UpgradingToVOS610#Upgrading%20from%20Release%206.x%20to%20Release%207.x

<http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/UpgradingToVOS610#Upgrading
 from Release 6.x to Release 7.x>

If you just have RDF Datasets then you could also dump them to file datasets in
nquad form and then reloading into an empty/virtuoso v7 database as detailed at:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRDFDumpNQuad
<http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtRDFDumpNQuad>

Then reload with the Virtuoso RDF Bulk loader into the empty v7 database:

http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtBulkRDFLoader
<http://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtBulkRDFLoader>

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/
Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers