From: Hugh Williams [mailto:hwilli...@openlinksw.com]
Sent: Wednesday, March 30, 2016 4:53 PM
To: Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C] <daniel.da...@nih.gov>
Cc: virtuoso-users <virtuoso-users@lists.sourceforge.net>
Subject: Re: [Virtuoso-users] Temporary DB size and server restart

Hi Daniel,

As indicated in the docs at
http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/databaseadmsrv.html#ex_threadcleanupinterval
 :

*       TempDBSize

Controls the acceptable size of the temp database file. If on startup it's size
(in MB) is greater than TempDBSize the file gets deleted and reset. This
feature can be turned off by setting TempDBSize to 0. Note that the temp db
file serves as an optimization storage only and doesn't have any client data
that are not in either the main database files or the corresponding transaction
log files.

If you Virtuoso database shutdown unexpectedly then the TempDB in use would not
have been clean up which is what the message is indicated you should the
consider manually removing as it contains no required data.

Thus you should focus on determining why the Virtuoso server shutdown
unexpectedly, thus is anything of interest in the log prior to it shutting down
or in the system log files that might indicate the cause of it shutdown ?

OpenLink Software, Inc.      //              http://www.openlinksw.com/

Weblog   -- http://www.openlinksw.com/blogs/

LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/

Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink

Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/

Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware

Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers

   On 30 Mar 2016, at 17:18, Davis, Daniel (NIH/NLM) [C]