Hi,

I wanted to add a virtuoso repository with the rdf4j workbench too but
it did not work.

I'm running virtuoso 7.2.4 open source on Mac Sierra with rdf4j 2.2.1,
tomcat 8.0.39 (the same versions that Henrik used) and java version
1.8.0_73.

I also followed the steps described in

https://virtuoso.openlinksw.com/dataspace/doc/dav/wiki/Main/VirtSesame2HttpRepository

Virtuoso is listed as an available repository and after I provided the
connection details (I accepted all values given by default), I got the
following message:

======================================================================================================

there are potentially incompatible characters in the repository id

======================================================================================================

and next, I got the next error message

======================================================================================================

HTTP Status 500 - java.lang.NullPointerException

type Exception report

message java.lang.NullPointerException

description The server encountered an internal error that prevented it
from fulfilling this request.

exception

javax.servlet.ServletException: java.lang.NullPointerException
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.commands.CreateServlet.doPost(CreateServlet.java:68)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.base.TransformationServlet.service(TransformationServlet.java:96)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.base.AbstractServlet.service(AbstractServlet.java:125)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.proxy.ProxyRepositoryServlet.service(ProxyRepositoryServlet.java:109)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.proxy.WorkbenchServlet.service(WorkbenchServlet.java:213)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.proxy.WorkbenchServlet.handleRequest(WorkbenchServlet.java:141)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.proxy.WorkbenchServlet.service(WorkbenchServlet.java:109)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.proxy.WorkbenchGateway.service(WorkbenchGateway.java:120)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.base.AbstractServlet.service(AbstractServlet.java:125)
org.apache.tomcat.websocket.server.WsFilter.doFilter(WsFilter.java:52)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.proxy.CacheFilter.doFilter(CacheFilter.java:62)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.proxy.CookieCacheControlFilter.doFilter(CookieCacheControlFilter.java:53)

root cause

java.lang.NullPointerException
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.commands.CreateServlet.getConfigTemplate(CreateServlet.java:153)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.commands.CreateServlet.createRepositoryConfig(CreateServlet.java:120)
org.eclipse.rdf4j.workbench.commands.CreateServlet.doPost(CreateServlet.java:65)
[...]

note The full stack trace of the root cause is available in the Apache
Tomcat/8.0.39 logs.

======================================================================================================

However, when I used the RDF4J console it works.

======================================================================================================

MacOSX:bin asanchez75$ sh console.sh

21:56:29.482 [main] DEBUG o.e.r.c.platform.PlatformFactory - os.name = mac os x

21:56:29.486 [main] DEBUG o.e.r.c.platform.PlatformFactory - Detected
Mac OS X platform

Connected to default data directory

RDF4J Console 2.1.6

2.1.6

Type 'help' for help.

> create virtuoso

Please specify values for the following variables:

Repository ID [virtuoso]:

Repository title [Virtuoso repository]:

Host list [localhost:1111]:

Username [dba]:

Password [dba]:

Default graph name [sesame:nil]:

Enable using batch optimization (false|true) [false]:

Use RoundRobin for connection (false|true) [false]:

Insert BNode as Virtuoso IRI (false|true) [false]:

Buffer fetch size [100]:

Inference RuleSet name [null]:

Inference MacroLib name [null]:

ConcurrencyMode [0]:

WARNING: you are about to overwrite the configuration of an existing repository!

Proceed? (yes|no) [no]: yes

Repository created

> open virtuoso

Opened repository 'virtuoso'