Hello!
Maybe you can help with one question about choosing database for our
project. Your colleague Ivan said you could so i hope.
My name is Gulnara and with our team we want to develop system for
analyzing and comparing photo and video data. And we think how to store all
this data with good level of productive capacity. Maybe you can advise
something or tell what kind of problems we could have and solve with this
kind of data:

   1. Type of data #1: billions of hundreds kilobyte files with time and
   geo metadata. And this is cartographic raster data.
   2. Type of data #2: video files - one file in size of hundreds
   megabytes. There could be thousands of this files.
   3. Type of data #3: raster data in size of 10-40 Mb each. There could be
   thousands of this files (up to billion).
   4. Database access must be provided via network (including internet) and
   have possibility of synchronization with external storage devices.
   5. Data adding (database extension) and processing will going on
   everyday base.
   6. Database is expecting to be distributed and hierarchical. Central
   servers  - up to 10. Sub-servers  - up to 100. Sub-servers not always
   connected to central server for some period of time.
   7. Data access to central server will be from 10 sub-servers at one-time
   (100 as maximum at peak load time).
   8. It’s important to have fast access to 6-8 weeks data.
   9. It’s ok to have deferred access to 1 year data.
   10. Access for over 1 year data must be by additional request.

Thank you for your time!

Gulnara Plotnikova
Skype: gulnara.plotnikova
+79124637868