From: Hugh Williams <hwilli...@openlinksw.com>
Sent: 30 April 2020 11:47:34
To: Luis de Sousa
Cc: virtuoso-users@lists.sourceforge.net
Subject: Re: [Virtuoso-users] How to install isql?

Hi Luis,

The Virtuoso client connectivity kit components are not licensed and can be
freely redistributed, as in the commercial product it is the Virtuoso server
where licensing is enforce for use.

Or why do you not use the open source “isql-vt” program Ubuntu provides as
suggested previously ie
http://manpages.ubuntu.com/manpages/cosmic/man1/ISQL-VT.1.html , which you can
simply run the command "apt install virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin" on ubuntu to
install ie

root@ubuntu:/tmp/mozilla_hwilliams0# isql-vt

Command 'isql-vt' not found, but can be installed with:

apt install virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin

root@ubuntu:/tmp/mozilla_hwilliams0# apt install virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree
Reading state information... Done
  libatkmm-1.6-1v5 libcairomm-1.0-1v5 libgtkmm-3.0-1v5 libllvm6.0
  libnih-dbus1 libpangomm-1.4-1v5
Use 'apt autoremove' to remove them.
  virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 86 not upgraded.
Need to get 2,831 kB of archives.
After this operation, 14.9 MB of additional disk space will be used.
Get:1 http://us.archive.ubuntu.com/ubuntu bionic/universe amd64
virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin amd64 6.1.6+repack-0ubuntu9 [2,831 kB]
Fetched 2,831 kB in 3s (1,003 kB/s)
Selecting previously unselected package virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin.
(Reading database ... 218615 files and directories currently installed.)
Preparing to unpack
.../virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin_6.1.6+repack-0ubuntu9_amd64.deb ...
Unpacking virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin (6.1.6+repack-0ubuntu9) ...
Setting up virtuoso-opensource-6.1-bin (6.1.6+repack-0ubuntu9) ...
Processing triggers for man-db (2.8.3-2ubuntu0.1) ...
root@ubuntu:/tmp/mozilla_hwilliams0# isql-vt -?
OpenLink Interactive SQL (Virtuoso), version 0.9849b.

   Usage :
isql <HOST>[:<PORT>] <UID> <PWD> file1 file2 ...

isql -H <server_IP> [-S <server_port>] [-U <UID>] [-P <PWD>]
     [-E] [-X <pkcs12_file>] [-K] [-C <num>] [-b <num>]
     [-u <name>=<val>]* [-i <param1> <param2>]
     isql -?
Connection options:

  -?                  - This help message
  -U username         - Specifies the login user ID
  -P password         - Specifies the login password
  -H server_addr      - Specifies the Server address (IP)
  -S server port      - Specifies the TCP port to connect to
  -E                  - Specifies that encryption will be used
  -C                  - Specifies that password will be sent in cleartext
  -X pkcs12_file      - Specifies that encryption & X509 certificates will
                        be used
  -T server_cert      - Specifies that CA certificate file to be used
  -b size             - Specifies that large command buffer to be used
                        (in KBytes)
  -K                  - Shuts down the virtuoso on connecting to it

Parameter passing options:

  -u name1=val1... - Everything after -u is stored to associative array U,
                        until -i is encountered. If no equal sign then value
                        is NULL
  -i                  - Ignore everything after the -i option, after which
                        comes arbitrary input parameter(s) for isql procedure,
                        which can be referenced with $ARGV[$I] by the
                        ISQL-commands.
  <OPT>=<value>       - Sets the ISQL options

  Note that if none of the above matches then the non-options go as
  <HOST>[:<PORT>] <UID> <PWD> file1 file2 ...

root@ubuntu:/tmp/mozilla_hwilliams0# which isql-vt
/usr/bin/isql-vt
root@ubuntu:/tmp/mozilla_hwilliams0#

Home Page: http://www.openlinksw.com
Community Support: https://community.openlinksw.com
Company Blog: https://medium.com/openlink-software-blog
Virtuoso Blog: https://medium.com/virtuoso-blog
Data Access Drivers Blog:
https://medium.com/openlink-odbc-jdbc-ado-net-data-access-drivers
LinkedIn -- http://www.linkedin.com/company/openlink-software/
Twitter  -- http://twitter.com/OpenLink
Google+  -- http://plus.google.com/100570109519069333827/
Facebook -- http://www.facebook.com/OpenLinkSoftware
Universal Data Access, Integration, and Management Technology Providers