Hi everyone,

I'm using Virtuoso open-source v7.2.6.1 on a Linux fedora34 system and I
want to know if it's possible to create inference rules with owl:unionOf,
owl:intersectionOf. Or even use an external reasoner with Virtuoso
open-source (like Fact++) that supports OWL DL reasoning.

I saw on the documentation that it was possible to create custom inference
rules (http://docs.openlinksw.com/virtuoso/rdfsparqlruleintro/) but if I'm
not mistaken those are limited to  " *rdfs:subClassOf*, *rdfs:subPropertyOf,
owl:sameAs, owl:equivalentClass and owl:equivalentProperty " **. *I tried
to use rdfs_rule_set() to create inference rules for owl:unionOf, and then
use it in a sparql request (for instance) :

define input:inference "myRuleSet"

prefix :      <https://stackoverflow.com/q/21092246/1281433/data.owl#>
prefix rdfs:  <http://www.w3.org/2000/01/rdf-schema#>
prefix owl:   <http://www.w3.org/2002/07/owl#>
prefix rdf:   <http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#>

SELECT ?x
WHERE {
   ?x rdf:type <http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/ont.owl#Demand_poi
<http://www.co-ode.org/ontologies/ont.owl#DP_315000448311>nt>
}

But it's not working, it didn't found any triple. I didn't find any
tutorial or documentation that explain how to do it, so i guess it's not
possible. And i don't know if it's possible to use an external reasoner
with Virtuoso Open-source.

here is an example of a class that I'm using ( There are more complex class
in my Ontologie using owl:intersectionOf and even owl:someValuesFrom)

[image: image.png]

Thank you

Tom