I found one old message (from 2008) that asked for an API And I'm curious
if this is in consideration.

We're building some automation tools to free up some developer time for
managing SVN repositories in VisualSVN. I've been trying to use the
PowerShell cmdlets from within a Windows service but it's not working very
well.

But maybe if I can figure out what's wrong with the PowerShell execution
then that will be good enough.

using (PowerShell ps = PowerShell.Create())
{
    var psSession = InitialSessionState.Create();
    psSession.ImportPSModule(new string[] { "VisualSVN" });
    var ps_rSpace = RunspaceFactory.CreateRunspace(psSession);
    ps_rSpace.Open();
    var ps_invoker = new RunspaceInvoke(ps_rSpace);

    Collection<PSObject> output = ps_invoker.Invoke("Get-SvnRepository");
}

at ps_rSpace.Open() I get an error:

Cannot process Cmdlet Definition XML for the following file: C:\Program
Files\VisualSVN Server\PowerShellModules\VisualSVN\SvnRepository.cdxml.
Value cannot be null.
Parameter name: key ---> System.Xml.XmlException: Cannot process Cmdlet
Definition XML for the following file: C:\Program Files\VisualSVN
Server\PowerShellModules\VisualSVN\SvnRepository.cdxml. Value cannot be
null.
Parameter name: key ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Value cannot be null.

I just upgraded to VisualSVN Server 3.8.0.

The Windows service will have a web interface/rest api so we can hook up
our dashboard to it. Any ideas?

Thanks.