IHGUAP (Update Analysis Program) was part of an early attempt, thought to be
misbegotten by most, to automate the servicing of the operating system. I got
along fine without it during my days of being a sysprog for the OS/xxx line
(OS/MFT/MVT Rel 15-21, VS1, VS2). I never heard of anyone using it, but in
those days my management thought SHARE was a bunch of hippies and would not
send anyone, so my contact with other sysprogs was limited.

Regards,
Richard Schuh