Pre-SVS IEBCOPY didn't have the PDS unload feature that is probably what
most of us think of as the raison d'etre of IEBCOPY these days. IEHMOVE was
the unload tool. And as Joe M. says, it was riddled with bugs, several of
them of the "copy dataset, delete old version, oops - the new version wasn't
created - too bad" form. I remember playing the "prefix-TURKEY" game, and
no-one ever had much trouble guessing which program was being discussed:

IEHTURKEY - IEHMOVE
IEDTURKEY - TCAM
IHKTURKEY - CRJE
etc.

IIRC, SVS IEBCOPY had to run APF authorized so that it could use EXCPVR;
neither of which concept existed in MVT. Perhaps the tweak changed EXCPVR to
EXCP, and remove a TESTAUTH or MODESET or two.

Tony H.