On VM 5.2 I'm considering trying FBA emulation on SCSI for Linux guests
to simplify each Linux guest's configuration and save staff time.

If the additional CPU overhead doesn't hurt much it'll be worth it.

Using VM's FBA emulation on SCSI:
* You don't have to configure scsi multi-pathing, I/O load balancing and
path failover separately on each Linux guest (not to mention researching
and experimenting how to do that). Can just keep using the Linux dasd
device driver instead and let CP do the extra work.

* You don't need to implement the LUN Access Tool to restrict a guest to
its designated LUNs.  Ordinary VM directory mdisk rules can be used.

* You can still backup Linux FBA mdisks from VM using your normal backup
tools.

This e-mail, including any attachments, may be confidential, privileged or
otherwise legally protected. It is intended only for the addressee. If you
received this e-mail in error or from someone who was not authorized to send it
to you, do not disseminate, copy or otherwise use this e-mail or its
attachments.  Please notify the sender immediately by reply e-mail and delete
the e-mail from your system.