From: Alan Van Loon [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 28 November 2003 17:13
To: James Weatherall
Subject: RE: VNC authentication failed! one one machine, but not on
another... Help!

I'll throw one more wrench into the works...I had saved a shortcut onto
the desktop for connecting to two servers I frequently use, and I
haven't changed them, but I get the same symptoms when I try to connect
using them (with the passwords saved) as when I type in the password, so
I don't think that the passwords are the issue.

As for as registry entry on the server, there are about 100 machines
that I connect to.  Is it possible that they would all change at the
same time?

One of the servers that I am trying to connect to is on the same desk as
my workstation (about 18" away), and I am not getting (nor have I ever
set up) a problem with the user accepting or rejecting the connection
(the user would be me :-)).

I'll check the registry entries on the server on my desk, just in case
though...

First time through, didn't find the string "AuthHosts"...

Second time through, didn't find the string "AuthH"... it appears it
doesn't have this registry entry.  Could this be contributing to the
problem?