I have just installed vncServer on my home pc and i'm trying to access it from my
laptop at work but i'm having some problems, hopefully someone can give me some
insight.  I've tried connecting with the web page and with the viewer but neither have
been successfull.  I can connect fine when I'm connected directly to my home network.
I have ports 5800 and 5900 open on my router (TCP & UDP) and pointing to the correct
internal IP.  I have ports mapped on my router for other services and they are all
working fine so i see no reason why these routes wouldn't be working.  I'm able to get
to the log in screen on the web page but when I enter the password and hit ok it
pauses for 10 seconeds or so, then I get the following error:
"java.net.Connect.Exception: Connection timed out: connect".  If I try the viewer I
get the error: "Failed to connect to server".

Is this a bandwidth problem?  I normally have some things running that could limit the
bandwidth at times (before I come to work tomorrow i'm going to try turning them all
off so that I can test this with full bandwidth tomorrow) but I'm able to connect to
my web server and ftp without incident, granted they don't require near the bandwidth
than vnc must use but I would think I would at least get a slow vnc connection if it
was just a speed issue.

Thanks,
Chris S. Coho, Jr.