george young wrote:

[winVNC 3.3.7, Windows XP Professional, 2002, SP 1]
[Novell client 4.81  SP1]
{Please forgive my ignorance of Windows; I'm mostly a Linux hacker...}

When my PC reboots, it comes up first with a "Novell Client for Windows" login
window [which corporate IT says I have to have]. I click the
"Workstation Only" box and hit "OK", and my desktop comes up.
Only after the desktop comes up does the vnc server start, so I can't use
vnc to *do* the novell login remotely after a reboot.

Is there some way I can set VNCserver to start *before* the Novell login?
We have ~70 PC's like this and would like to do remote admin work on them
with vnc, but this won't work well if vncserver doesn't start until after the
Novell login.

-- George Young

We're doing exactly this right now. If you run VNC as a service, it launches prior to the login.

--

Bob Hartung, Dir of I.T.
c\o Wisco Industries, Inc.
P. O. Box 10