Theo,

It sounds like your downloaded copy is corrupt in some way.  The checksum
(with cksum) of the file should be 1797334438.

The depot file isn't compressed, otherwise it would be about 2.5Mb in size,
rather than almost 7Mb...

I'm not sure whether or not the HP aC++ runtime libraries will work, I'm
afraid, since GCC is the compiler that was used to produce the binaries.

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.