On Thu, 7 Apr 2005, Steve Bostedor wrote:

This is all just fantasy talk, anyways. We KNOW that theirs is a modified VNC because they spell it out on their website. Who cares, I guess. It looks like everyone's doing it. Integrity and doing the right thing just doesn't matter for anything these days, I guess. Kiss the GPL good-bye on this one.

What did they do that was wrong. They say that their software uses VNC. That's not wrong. They sell it for money -- also not wrong. I'll sell you a copy of Xvnc for $500 and I'll call it "Mike's VNC." That's not wrong (because I'll include the source code, copyright, GPL, etc.).

Are they violating the GPL, or are we just imagining that they must be violating the GPL?

Mike