Steve,

Some possibilities that spring to mind:

- You are using a video driver module with your X server that is not stable,
and it is failing to handle screen grabs as performed by the VNC module
properly.

- Your network drivers are not stable and are failing to handle VNC-style
(bursty) network traffic properly.

- There is some sort of incompatibility between the Xorg module interface
and the XFree86 4.2.1 module interface that our module is compiled for.

Which GNU/Linux distribution are you running?

Cheers,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.