Jack,

Have you configurated port forwarding on the router to which the server is
attached, as described in the documentation?  Without this, you will not be
able to access your server from outside your Local Area Network.

Please log a support request at http://www.realvnc.com/support.html if you
require further assistance.

Regards,

Wez @ RealVNC Ltd.