From: Andreas Fehr [mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]
Sent: 11 May 2005 09:20
To: James Weatherall
Cc: vnc-list@realvnc.com; 'Tim Waugh'
Subject: RE: error compiling VNC with X.org 6.8.2

On Wed, 11 May 2005, 08:59, James Weatherall (as JW) wrote:

>JW: Xvnc is a stand-alone, virtual X server, viewable only via VNC.
>JW: It's not a replacement for your existing X server.

Hmmm, you mean, if I want to monitor an existing X session, I have to
use the x0vncserver? And I think I read something with a module that
might be loaded from an existing X server.

If it's only the module, I want to compile do I have to a) compile and
install X, b) patch the just installed X with the vnc patches, and c)
compile and install only the new vnc module?

Hmmm, looks like I have to re-read the documentation.

Andreas