We've used the free VNC for awhile to view machines outside our office, but our IT guys are too nervous about punching through our firewall to allow others to view our machines. I think they're too cautious.

Question: If we buy the VNC version that is advertised as more secure, will it really be more secure? Also, can others who have the free VNC use it to connect to our paid VNC server?